The ideal candidate will evaluate, implement, and maintain security standards and practices with direction from Leadership and Information Security. This individual will also be responsible for the implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the security policies and complying with requirements from internal and external security audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance knowledge and experience of firewalls across multiple vendors (Checkpoint, Cisco and Palo Alto)
- Advance knowledge and experience building and managing VPNs, remote access solutions and perimeter architecture solutions.
- Advance knowledge of reverse proxy solutions (Citrix Netscaler and Cisco AnyConnect)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with web content filtering solutions.
- In-depth experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting security infrastructure.
- Advance knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing.
- In-depth knowledge of Internet Technologies, DMZs, Cloud Web and perimeter security.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN and WAN protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Solid understanding of switching technologies (VLANs, Spanning-Tree, VPC, VSS)
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco equipment and operating systems, including configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support of routers, switches and wireless equipment.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 9000 & 2000, Cisco 6800, 4500, ISR G2, ASA, IPS/IDS
- Knowledge of local load-balancing and global load-balancing technologies
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include; 802.11a, b, g & n, LWAPP, CAPWAP, Cisco-Prime, WLC and Aps
- Knowledge of applications transport protocols: (SSL/TLS, IPsec, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, CIFS, LDAP, RADIUS & TACACS+, AAA, VoIP)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Seven to ten years of relevant Information Technology work experience with focus on Network Security.
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) or Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) certifications desired
- Security industry certifications (CISSP, SANS or others) a plus
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Network Security (CCSP) a plus
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical terms with a non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Candidates with relevant work experience will be considered