Job Title : Integration Developer - CA Layer 7 API Management Gateway
Location : Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Company : CRI
Industry : Information Technology
Employment type : 6+ Months
Experience : 10+ years
Visa : H1B, US Citizen, Green Card
Job function : Integration Developer
Job Description :
The person is a technical integration developer, and is a key role in providing and supporting mediation services at KPMG ITS Global. The person is facilitating secure user and systems authentications to global applications and systems, by providing:
- Act as SME for Integration Services, specifically API Gateway (aka Layer 7), ADFS and external federation.
- Designing, developing and promoting standards, guidance and best practices of API Management platform and policies
- Operational 3rd level support and administration of the L7 API Gateways, for high priority escalations
- Working with application and project teams to understand their business requirements and provide operational and project support
- Present and educate technical communities within ITS Global, to ensure developers, solutions architects and other teams are aware of best practice and capabilities.
- Enabling automation techniques for day-to-day system development and maintenance, deploying simple solutions quick and develop frameworks for templates and rapid setup.
- Performing solution architecture review for quality, security and adherence to standards and best practices
- Improving existing platform capacity and performance management processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert on infrastructure technologies within the KPMG Global and Regional Datacenters and for Global Application owners
- Design solutions, implementation, customization, and deployment of API Management Integration solutions
- Conduct knowledge transfer workshops with TCS to facilitate development approach, implementation process, platform setup, etc.
- Communicate to project manager and technical leads all aspects of the implementation of the technical approach
- Problem isolation and resolution, with expectation that continuous improvement and enhancements are implemented
- Update and maintain the mediation services team site and self-service tools
- Perform system planning, installation and upgrades across KPMG’s multi-region environment, incl. cloud hosting platforms
- Work with external 3rd parties to integrate their web services with the gateway
- Define and evangelize API frameworks, best practices for API design and implementation for enterprises
- Taking the lead on operational and supplier escalations, being the point of contact for infrastructure operations. Lead and / or facilitate critical incident escalation activities where required
- Manage intake queue and pipeline work, alongside portfolio lead, to assign resources and provide estimates.
- Create and update platform KPIs to be consumed by stakeholders
- Occasional off-hours support required
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-vendor environment in a multi-discipline team in multiple country locations.
- Demonstrated experience with web service security including digital certificates (client and server), mutual-authentication, SSL, WS
- Strong knowledge on securing the web APIs data-integrity/confidentiality, basic auth and OAuth 2.0
- Working experience and knowledge of API Gateway product Layer7, or other similar tools / capabilities
- Experience with common Unix/Linux utilities, diagnostics, and monitoring tools
- Experience with Linux OS and Databases (MSSQL and MySQL)
- Extensive experience working with technical teams and management
- Working experience of SDLC and ITIL principles, and best practice
Education: BS (CS, IT) or equivalent plus 5+ years’ experience in a global enterprise environment , At least 3 years’ experience with application support and maintenance.